Remodeling any aspect of your home can increase its value while providing a more comfortable living space for your family. However, it’s tough to find a more profitable project than a bathroom remodel. Experts say that a bathroom renovation can recoup as much as 67 percent of your investment once it’s time to sell your home. Whether you’re thinking about selling your home soon or you just want a nicer bathroom, keep reading to learn everything you need to know about how bathroom remodeling increases home value in Lancaster, CA.
Updates to consider
There are plenty of things you can do to update your bathroom and bring it into the 21st century. Here are a few of the most popular remodels we offer:
- Tub-to-shower conversion: When was the last time you actually took a bath in your old combination shower/tub? If you’re like a lot of people, it’s probably been a while. Assuming that’s the case, ditch the tub and replace it with a walk-in shower. Walk-in showers provide a sleek appearance in any bathroom and are easily accessible for those with limited mobility.
- Add cabinetry: Bathroom cabinets that are overflowing with towels and toiletries are both unattractive and impractical. Improve the functionality of your bathroom and make it more appealing to potential buyers by installing more cabinets throughout the space.
- Increase counter space: Similar to the tiny cabinets mentioned above, a small vanity can be a major hindrance to your morning routine. Adding a larger vanity with two sinks is significant when it comes to bathroom remodels that increase home value in Lancaster, CA. Talk to your contractor about upgrading to a marble countertop to really impress buyers.
- Upgrade the flooring: Shoddy-looking vinyl, peeling laminate or old tile flooring drive down the appearance of your bathroom and could even lower your home’s value. Replace that old flooring with something nicer to really boost your bathroom’s value and look.
Ensure your remodel is a success
Sadly, updating a bathroom doesn’t automatically make your home more valuable. Follow these additional tips to avoid wasting your time and money:
- Know what you want: The first step in any bathroom remodeling project is to come in with a plan. Knowing exactly what you want from your new bathroom makes everything a whole lot easier for both you and your contractor.
- Stick to a budget: One of the biggest mistakes many homeowners make when it comes to remodeling is overspending. Create a budget before the project begins, and stick to it! Keep in mind that unforeseen issues often make a remodel more expensive than the original estimate.
- Hire the right team: Last, but certainly not least, hire the right contractors for the job. Quality contractors make the whole process a whole lot easier and less stressful for homeowners. On top of that, they’ll perform work that dramatically increases the value of your home.
Nobody tops JB Construction when it comes to remodeling projects! From replacing tubs to updating the lighting, we’re your go-to contractors for bathroom remodeling to increase home value in Lancaster, CA. Get in touch with us today to get started with your next big project.