While you and your family might rarely use your guest bathroom, this part of your home plays an essential role in making visitors feel welcome. Whether friends drop by for a happy hour or family members stay in your home for the holidays, you’ll need a guest bathroom that they’ll feel comfortable using when they need some privacy. If you’ve decided to update your guest bathroom, find a remodeling company in Lancaster, CA that can help you realize your vision.
Make your guests feel right at home
As you consider guest bathroom remodeling in Lancaster, CA, it can be hard to know where to start the project. This is especially true if you’ve never had remodeling work done on your home before. As you consider options for creating a welcoming guest bathroom, keep these tips in mind:
- Light: Dark bathrooms with limited light sources feel dank and uncomfortable to most people. If the guest bathroom doesn’t have a window, install various light fixtures to brighten the space. If your guest bathroom does have a window, have the regular glass replaced with frosted glass. You can also try installing window film to allow light in while also providing anyone inside with privacy.
- Neutral color palette: While the rest of your home might be an eclectic collection of colors and patterns, that might be a bit much for a visitor. Go with a neutral palette throughout the guest bathroom. If the room feels a bit dull, add pops of colors with décor and linens.
- Convenience and accessibility: When investing in guest bathroom remodeling in Lancaster, CA, you want the space to be user friendly. This means including lots of counter space, a clutter-free medicine cabinet, easy-to-access towel bars and clearly-marked faucet handles for the sink, shower and bathtub. Anyone using your guest bathroom shouldn’t need a guide to turn anything on or make anything work.
- Storage: This is especially important when visitors stay in your home for several days at a time. Provide ample storage space for their toiletries and any supplies or tools they may use as part of their daily routines. Ask your contractor to create a layout that provides shelves, cabinets, hooks and drawers where your guests may store their travel accoutrements.
- Accessorize thoughtfully: Think about what you like to have on hand in a bathroom that isn’t your own. Soft towels, a water carafe with glass and extra toilet paper are just a few things you can provide in your guest bathroom to make visitors feel at home. It doesn’t hurt to supply items they might have forgotten to pack, such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothpaste, lotion, cotton balls, aspirin, cotton swabs and other toiletries.
As you look for a reliable remodeling company in Lancaster, CA, ask your friends and family members for recommendations. Many times, you’ll find that they refer you to JB Construction. Since 1984, we’ve provided residential and commercial clients with the highest level of service, workmanship and care. We specialize in remodeling bathrooms, kitchens and home offices. Contact us today to discuss your next remodeling project.