With summer in full swing, chances are you’re making lots of plans to enjoy the warm weather with family and friends. Patios offer the perfect setting for summer get-togethers where you and your guests can enjoy grilling, socializing and relaxing. However, it’s not always easy to keep patios cool on sweltering summer days. Make sure your guests are comfortable by trying out the following tips to keep your patio cool during summer.
Tips to keep your patio cool
Excessive heat can put a damper on an otherwise great gathering with people you love. The good news is there are plenty of things you can do to optimize comfort for your guests—no matter what the forecast has in store. Make sure your patio is ready for summer by trying out a few of these methods to keep guests cool in your outdoor area:
- Keep a distance from outdoor kitchens: Outdoor kitchens and grills can generate a significant amount of heat, so make sure there’s plenty of distance between your cooking area and the area where your guests are gathering. Moving your gathering out of the way of your cooking area can reduce heat so your guests are more comfortable on hot summer days.
- Schedule parties for later in the day: One of the simplest ways to keep guests cool during the summer is to schedule parties for later in the day, when the sun starts to go down and things start to cool off. This is a great way to make the most of pleasant evening weather and avoid the harsh heat from the sun during the late afternoon.
- Offer plenty of cool drinks: Your guests are much less likely to overheat if they have cool drinks in their hands. Put out coolers full of iced beverages so everyone at your party can get water, soda, tea or juice to help them cool off if the weather outside is particularly warm. For an even more refreshing option, offer popsicles or another frozen treat to help your friends cool off.
- Add shade: Shades can make all the difference in how cool your patio area is. Consider investing in an awning to keep your patio cool during summer. For a less expensive option, put up some shade umbrellas or a collapsible canopy to create plenty of shaded space where your guests can stay cool and comfortable.
- Use outdoor fans and misters: For especially hot days, try using some outdoor fans and misters to circulate air and keep everyone at your party cool. Even one or two fans can make a huge difference when it comes to the temperature in your patio area, so it’s worth it to invest in a couple outdoor fans and misters before hosting a party.
Patio construction and renovation
Make sure you have plenty of space for entertaining this summer with patio construction or renovation services from JB Construction. Since 1984, our team of experienced and trained professionals has been proud to provide personalized construction services to commercial and residential customers throughout the area. Find out more about our outdoor construction services and get a quote for your project by giving us a call today.