A properly functioning gutter system is crucial in protecting your entire home from rainwater damage. Unfortunately, gutters don’t always last for as long as roofs, so you may need to replace your gutters at some point along the way. There are a few things to consider before purchasing new rain gutters in Lancaster, CA. Read on to learn more:
- Size: Standard gutters are five inches wide, but you may want to consider going with oversized six-inch gutters during replacement. Oversized gutters hold more water than the standard size, and the water flows through the gutters more quickly. Your remodeling contractor will be able to help you determine whether it’s worth upgrading to six-inch gutters.
- Color: Gutters are typically designed to blend in with the roofline. But if you’d like to add a pop of color to your home, consider installing colored gutters. Colored gutters that complement the color of your paint and roof can make your home stand out from the crowd.
- Material: The main material choices for gutters are aluminum, copper, galvanized steel and galvalume. Aluminum is one of the most commonly used, and it’s also the one that comes in the most colors. Copper gutters add a unique look to your roof, and they can last anywhere from 50 to 150 years. Galvanized and galvalume options are a combination of steel, zinc and aluminum that offer a longer lifespan than just steel or aluminum alone.
- Fascia condition: Your new gutters will probably need to be attached to the fascia, the board that runs horizontally under your roof. If your current fascia board is rotting or in poor condition, you’ll need to have it repaired or replaced before we can begin with seamless gutter installation in Lancaster, CA.
- Roof condition: When replacing gutters, we generally find that it’s a good idea to check the roof’s condition, as well. Roofs don’t always need major repairs when we install new gutters, but we often find some shingles that could be replaced or areas on the roof that could be patched up to prevent leaks.
Replacement isn’t a DIY job
While choosing your new rain gutters in Lancaster, CA is something you can do on your own, installing them isn’t. These are a few reasons to leave installation to the pros:
- Improper installation: Installing new gutters isn’t rocket science, but you need to make sure they’re properly attached for them to do their job correctly. If you’ve never worked with gutter systems before, we recommend leaving it to the pros to ensure there are no problems.
- Safety concerns: You’re in a little bit of danger every time you’re up on a ladder. Instead of worrying about slipping and falling while installing your gutters, just trust this project to the professionals. We have years of experience installing new gutters and working on ladders and roofs, so we’re comfortable with the heights.
Call JB Construction to replace your gutters
For fast installation and fair pricing, be sure to hire JB Construction for seamless gutter installation in Lancaster, CA. Give us a call today to get a quote or to learn more about our services.