If you’re getting ready to renovate your home, it pays—literally—to choose wisely. Choosing the right home or office remodeling project in Lancaster, CA will provide a better return on your investment. While that shouldn’t be your only concern—you want to pick renovations that you’ll enjoy and use, too—there are a few that will increase your home value more than others. Here are 14 home renovations that should provide a good return:
- Minor kitchen remodel: If you limit your kitchen remodel to just a few items, like replacing appliances, improving the flooring and refurbishing your cabinets, you should be able to recoup about 80 percent of your investment.
- Major kitchen remodel: Major kitchen remodels might be necessary, depending on what kind of shape your old kitchen is in. While you’ll probably only recover 60 percent of your investment, having a beautiful, functional kitchen is worth it.
- New front door: You’ll get about 90 percent of your investment back when you add a brand-new steel entry door. Pick one that’s insulated for energy savings.
- Exterior stone veneer: Get the look of stone without the hassle of masonry. Exterior stone veneer will recoup about 97 percent of your investment when you sell your home.
- Siding: Speaking of exteriors, curb appeal is important. Replacing your existing siding will get you up to 77 percent back.
- New windows: How long has it been since you updated your windows? New, energy-efficient windows can net a 74 percent ROI and much lower energy bills.
- New garage door: Not only will a new garage door enhance your home’s curb appeal, but you’ll also get 98 percent back when it’s time to sell.
- Install a wooden deck: Increase your livable space when you install a wooden deck in your backyard—you should get about 83 percent of your investment back.
- Bathroom remodel or addition: Bathrooms are one of the “make it or break it” rooms when selling a home. Remodeling yours or adding a new one should net about 70 percent back upon resale.
- Universal design bathrooms: Aging in place is all the rage these days, so consider upgrading your bathrooms with mobility-friendly features. Again, you’ll get about 70 percent back.
- New entrance: You can get about 67 percent of your investment back when you upgrade your entryway—think new front door, glass side panels and more.
- Master suite addition: Master suites sell homes, so consider adding onto or upgrading yours. You should get about 57 percent back.
- Patio: Upgrade your backyard with a concrete or stone patio, fire pit and outdoor kitchen for a 50 percent ROI—and a lot of fun in the meantime.
- New roof: Finally, replace your roof before you sell. You’ll get around 68 percent back on the total cost, and it’ll be a lot easier to sell your home.
When you’re ready to start a home or office remodeling project in Lancaster, CA, get in touch with the team at JB Construction to schedule a consultation. We look forward to hearing from you soon.